Know The Team Through BTS - Faisa


Source: BTS Facebook

Faisa's Deep in Thought Playlist

Disclaimer: these songs are in no particular order.

Boy in Luv
Now this song, this song is the only song on the playlist that doesn’t make me question my life! This song wasn’t my first song but it was the first song that in the time of my life made sense. Having crushes or falling in love was something I personally used to find cringey or in real words I thought I was incapable of having that feeling. So when this song was released it was at that time that I coincidentally had my first crush and I had a mini panic attack because when I say I never liked anyone I mean it literally. This song allowed me to feel something and not shut off the feeling like I would have usually done. This is why this song means so much to me. 

Rain
Rain was one of those songs that explains me to others perfectly. It speaks about viewing the world in a bleak, grey point of view. It speaks about doing things for the sake of others instead of yourself. The song was released when I was a 15 year old in high school who really didn’t want to be there or had any idea what to do for her GCSEs that were coming up in the following moths. Listening to this song and almost living the song became my life and it took nearly 4 years for me to have a slightly better idea of what I want to do with me life but I thank BTS for allowing me to be able to get my teachers to understand exactly what I saw when I woke every morning that whole year. 

So Far Away
The intro for this song is the same words I hear or have been hearing for the past 11 years of my life, ‘go to university everything will be alright’ and that's what I did. I applied for university but dropped out and took a gap year because I just couldn’t do it. Having to sit in another classroom for another 3 years whilst hating every second of it was something I knew I wouldn’t be able handle mentally but that doesn’t mean my parents were on board. They made me feel like a failure for dropping out, kept comparing me my siblings but I didn’t give a shit. Then Agust D was finally released and I sat there and cried for probably a good 2 hours then carried on listening to this song whilst feeling numb. I just felt one feeling and that was relief. Finally someone who knew what I was going through and understood my pain. Till this day this song is the most relatable song I’ve come across. 

Awake
Now Awake is part of my list for two reasons, number one being Jin’s vocals in this song brought tears to my eyes only because I was so proud of how Jin had improved musical from listening to his covers that he did in the early days to hear him shining through with his own solo was the best thing ever. Number two being the way he delivered the song made me question a lot of my own personal goals. I had so many different unrealistic goals that I hadn’t thought through properly which meant I was hurting myself for not achieving those goals. I learnt so much about myself through this song that I know to revisit whenever I’m planning anything. 

No more dream
This song perfectly explains how we all live our lives according to society instead of ourselves. We all claim to have big dreams but can never answer when asked ‘what do you want do in the future’ I usually send this song to people who constantly question my dream choices and ask them to listen to me through this song. 

So What
So What, is the only song that I blast when I’m done with everyone and everything. It was the song that made me feel like it’s okay to just scream things out and not give a damn anymore. I listen to this song when I want to burn out energy or get rid of some much un-needed stress. 

Moonchild
Moonchild may be the only song I didn’t cry listening to, it was more of a calm feeling listening to this song. I learnt a lot through the lyrics that I incorporate in to my own life daily, call it a routine. Namjoon has a way of making me rethink my feeling and fully understand them and I hope he continues to do so. There is so much I want to write but I can’t explain in simple words. 

Time to lose yourself in Faisa’s Deep in Thought Spotify playlist right here: Faisa's Deep in Thought 


Comments

Popular Posts