#BASELINECHALLENGE

Image Source: Tumblr
By

Shinara Hussain

If you’ve been on twitter or Instagram you may have heard of the #InMyFeelingsChallenge; a viral dance craze started by Instagram comedian Shiggy. 

Yesterday (23rd July 2018), J-Hope posted his version of the challenge on BTS’ Twitter account and racked up views of over 5.5 million in a matter of hours. 
#InMyFeelingsChallenge by J-Hope: @BTS_twt

The video in the challenge with most views at the moment is Ciara with just over 10 million gathered over 2 weeks. Currently with a view count of 7.21 million I’m pretty certain our Dance King J-Hope is going to easily beat that.

Well in honour of his tweet an Army decided to come up with the #BASELINECHALLENGE, a dance using J-Hope’s track Baseline which instantly went viral, and was trending with over 192k mentions.

Created by Al, view it on their Twitter: @JHSMEETSEVlL

Join us as I interview them to find out why they decided to come up with the challenge and how they feel knowing it is such a huge hit.

Hi, please tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Al, I’m an 18 year old student studying communications, and I’m from the United States.

How long have you been an Army, when did you discover BTS?

I’ve been an Army for 3 years; it’ll officially be 3 years in September.

Do have a favourite BTS track, album and MV?

My favourite BTS song would definitely be Sea; honestly speaking I have so many favourite songs by them but that song… it just speaks to me, it hits me right in the feels. My favourite album hands down is Tear. There’s a song on there for ANY mood I could be in. My favourite MV is Blood, Sweat & Tears. I love the aesthetics and story line. It was very beautiful and unique.

A lot of people put K-Pop down, teasing and making fun of people who listen to it. Many Army even have to put up with this from their own family and friends. How do your family and friends react to your love of BTS/K-Pop?

My parents jam to BTS with me haha, but my friends just tolerate it.

What was it about BTS that interested you, how have they inspired you?

Immediately their dancing got me hooked. Their choreography is AMAZING; it even inspired me to get back into dance.

Are you a dancer yourself?

I was a dancer when I was younger; I did ballet in and out of my preschool years and then I stopped. I started dancing again in middle school; currently I don’t do any classes anymore. I just do dance for fun now!

What made you come up with the Baseline challenge on Twitter, why did you do it?

I got inspired to create the #baselinechallenge after Hoseok did the #InMyFeelingsChallenge. I was thinking to myself… Hoseok, the dance leader of BTS who released a mixtape (Hope World) deserves one too!

It all started when I tweeted that it would be cute if we (Army’s) made one and then people told me ‘if you create it, I’ll do it’; so I jumped on it!

Did you imagine that it would gain so much attention and trend worldwide? How does that make you feel?

I did not expect this much attention at all! I did it all for fun. It still hasn’t hit me yet that my video is at over 35k likes!

Apparently fans have been leaving messages on Fancafe for J-Hope to see #baselinechallenge. What do you think about that; and how would it feel if BTS see the trend?

I’m so thankful to them that they were sending Hoseok my video! If he sees it through Fancafe… ‘Thank you all so much, I’m touched!’
If BTS sees it I’ll probably cry, haha.

Is there any member of BTS that you’d like to see perform the #baselinechallenge?

It would be really cool to see Hoseok and/or the maknae line participate.

You’ve got some pretty big name YouTubers like xCeleste and Cameron Philip also doing the challenge, have you watched them, and what did you think?

It was so cool seeing Cameron and Celeste join in on the challenge! Cameron’s was very different haha. Celeste KILLED IT! It’s so cool how everyone is doing it including YouTubers.
It’s surreal, all of it.

Do you plan on coming up with any more challenges in the future; this one was spur of the moment?

After the amount of love I’ve received I would love to make more challenges. I started this one just for fun and I didn’t expect to get so much attention. So maybe for the next BTS album I’ll create another! No promises though LOL.

Thank you so much Al for taking the time to answer my questions; fingers crossed that J-Hope gets to see your video on fancafe, and maybe when Answer is released, we may even see another challenge!

*UPDATE: BTS has liked the original video on Twitter which means they HAVE SEEN IT! I am so happy for Al, congratulations girl 💜


You can follow Al on Twitter: @JHSMEETSEVlL

View xCeleste and Cameron's versions on their Twitter:

@xCeleste

@CAM3R0NPH1L1P


One of our team @shufei_chen has taken up the challenge:

Have you done the #BASELINECHALLENGE? Let us know or send us a video if you have and we'll put it on the blog!

Here's one from @LittleSory, she was fab!


This great one was sent in by @coolcatxxlol12



Meanwhile if you have anything you'd like to add or have any ideas why not contact us. Leave a comment below or alternatively we can be found on:

Twitter: @BTSRadioUK

Facebook: BTS Radio UK

YouTube: BTS Radio UK

Or you can email us at btsradiouk@gmail.com



Please follow and subscribe to keep up to date with new content.

Comments

Popular Posts