BTS in Europe - Amsterdam

BTS in Amsterdam

By 

Lozzawayne

Amsterdam. The home of canals, cyclists, beautiful houses, the stunning Van Gogh museum… And now, a city that will always be special to me. The city where I got to see Jimin on his birthday.

On the second stop of the European leg of their LOVE YOURSELF tour, BTS performed in Amsterdam, on the same day as Jimin’s 23rd birthday, October 13th 2018. 

The air felt electric. It felt different to London, the first city to be blessed by Bangtan, which was full of excitement, as no one knew what to expect – the first time BTS had performed a concert in Europe.

But today, it felt extra special, because it felt like we were almost witnessing an exclusive, a one-night special. And the chance to see a BTS member on their birthday? Something so many ARMY could only wish for. It was something that I had wanted ever since the tour dates were announced as a Jimin bias myself. It was a true blessing to be there.

Outside Ziggo Dome, it was abuzz with ARMY. The fansites JiminBar China created two Jimin birthday projects for Amsterdam and had also put up so many installations all over Europe. One, a display on the LED screen at the ticket gates, a collab with LittleBlossomJM. The second, a 360° outdoor wall that also cycled the LOVE MYSELF tour advert. Both stunning and so surreal to see with my own eyes.


Entering the venue, I was nervous. I knew that, sadly, there was no fan project for this concert, something that I was looking forward to being a part of and witnessing on such a special day. But I also knew that Jimin was unwell. He was
unable to perform on the Graham Norton Show back in London, two days before.

I worried that on today of all days, he would be unable to perform here too. I waited with bated breath to hear the announcement. But, just as with the London concerts beforehand, it was only announced that Jungkook would be unable to do any choreography. I was still sad that our golden maknae would have to sit this concert out, but relieved it wasn’t worse.

Then…honestly it all happened in a flash. Some sort of astral projection, out of body experience that involved lots of singing, dancing and crying. There were only two moments I remember vividly. When Jimin performed his solo and his Big Hit organised birthday project.


Jimin performing Serendipity on his birthday was the peak of my bias. His solo has always made me cry, even before I saw it live, and this day was no different.

But his persona felt so different. He was even more confident, more magical, more…Jimin. He even changed up part of the choreography. It was perfect.

His birthday surprise was adorable. The middle screen showed a picture of him, with a birthday message. He ran all the way from the centre stage to the screen and knelt at it, full of happiness. All the members then hugged him one by one as he went back to the centre. A beautiful brotherhood in full force. As Jimin said “thank you”, even the words were beautiful. You could tell how grateful he truly was.

And then before I knew it…it was all over. Confetti fell from the ceiling and the boys waved their goodbyes. It was a glorious day, the pinnacle of being able to see my bias on his birthday, one of the best moments I’ve ever experienced as an ARMY. It’s a day I’ll never forget.


You can follow lozzawayne on Twitter: @lozzawayne


If you liked this article and have any ideas or would like to contribute an article yourself why not contact us?

Twitter: @BTSRadioUK

or email us at btsradiouk@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts