ARMY Meet up: Manchester



A.R.M.Y Meetup: Manchester.

by

Marsha Night



On Saturday 21st July I got up at 7:30am to prepare myself to set off from my home in York and drive 70+ miles to Manchester for the day.



It was the Army Meetup organised by BTSUKARMATION and I just had to go to see what goes down at one of these events.

I was greeted by one of the admins and given a sticker with my name on it and was asked to join a team. I sat with some lovely ladies and immediately the meet up started off with a quiz.

One of the admin came round each group (around 8 groups of 6/8 people) playing a song from a speaker and then after the count of 3, the first leader of that group to jump up would get a point for their team. They played songs from 'LY-Tear', 'LY-Her' and 'Dark & Wild'. 

We then all went off into groups and chatted to each other. I liked this part, getting to know fellow Army and who they were as a person, not just a number in a Fandom.

I got chatting to a 21 year old lady called Kim. She had travelled all the way from Wales just for this meetup (I thought I had a way to go) and she came on her own despite having social anxiety and autism.

Kim told me how she was coming to this so she could prepare herself for the mammoth trip to London and being in an arena with 20,000 other people. That's no small feat.

"I find it quite hard as back home; because of my autism, ADHD and anxiety I don't have many friends. It's just me, my mum, my dad and my dog"

I was so fascinated by Kim and really respected her progress and also her honesty when speaking about mental health and her journey with it.

"I have found it hard to make friends back home but I've found so many in Army, through BTS' music I've learnt it's ok to be who you are"

We then get asked to do a short interview for @BTSARMATION on "What does BTS mean to you".

Kim gets rather emotional and thanks them for helping her get up in the morning. That's when it hit me.

All of Army are dealing with their own personal situations, some terrible and heart wrenching but they can push through, be their best selves and most importantly feel free when they are in the company of other Army.

To me, Army is a truly exceptional Fandom; It's not just about the support and love we give to BTS, it's about the support and love we give to each other. 

BTS' music and messages within it are so powerful and moving, it's bringing people together and helping improve their lives.

Together we have created our own 'Magic Shop'.




BTS Army Meetup hosted by @BTSUKARMATION.

Comments

Popular Posts