Vishariya



Meeting Vishariya

by

Marsha Night

I went to the Army meetup today (21st July 2018) in Manchester. I drove for two and a half hours each way to experience it. 


I was not disappointed.

Mainly because of the person who titles this article today; Vishariya.

After I managed to get myself safely to Manchester, and find a couple of the other BTS Radio UK admins, we arrive at the meetup and are given name badges (sticky notes) and are put into groups.
I start talking to everyone in the group when I find myself suddenly in a deep and meaningful conversation with a lovely lady who just so happens to share my love of pronunciation and "sit down dancing"; we managed to do the whole 'Fake Love' choreography without moving off our blankets.

After we had a chat and played some games there was a little break to allow us to mingle; what I saw next was nothing short of breathtaking.

Vishariya started to prepare a display on the blanket. It started with a black/pvc tablecloth, with an almost nebula style sparkle design; and then in size order, came some of her work. I would call them masterpieces.




This illustration of Jimin, to be honest this picture does not do it justice.

It speaks volumes from the movement of Jimin throwing his head back in powerful dance, to the aura that surrounds him giving an almost ethereal feel.

The next 2 hours were a frenzy of Army surrounding the display, absolutely amazed and thrilled at the pieces laid out before them. And to their delight, they were for sale.



The pictures ranged from a small size at £3 to a large A4 size at £9. Needless to say they were snapped up very quickly! 



Just look at them!


I am quite a fan of art, emotional and almost 'gothic' style paintings and drawings and the next two pictures certainly took my breath away.



This picture of Taehyung titled 'Singularity' is by far my favourite piece of the collection. You can see the thought and emotion in this illustration from the lost look in his eyes reaching up to nothingness in the sea of masks that is slowly engulfing him in its waves whilst also being entwined by vines. 



This illustration is stunning. From the colours that are rich and deep to the intricate design of the entire piece. The ceiling is the painting Jin finds intoxicating in the 'Blood, Sweat & Tears' video. Impressive.


I asked Vishariya how she became Army and went on to creating such beautiful pieces.

"I had listened to Korean music before but my friend kept going on about how great this guy Suga was. Everytime we talked it was Suga this and Suga that so I thought 'I better see what it was all about'. I watched a video and thought, ok, yeah this is ok. Then I watched another and another, and thought 'ok these guys are good'. Then I was hooked"

I asked her if BTS inspired her and if so, how?

"In a big way yes, they made me realise I needed to stop worrying about certain things and stop doing things because it's 'the sensible option'. They helped me decide to do an art degree after listening to 'No More Dream'. Their words resonated with me so much and became my inspiration".

Vishariya is definitely an inspiration herself.

If you want to see more work from Vishariya, you can contact her via social networks:

Twitter: @_vishariya
Instagram: @_vishariya
Facebook: Vishariya

She also sells her prints on RedBubble.com:

Comments

Popular Posts