Know The Team Through BTS - Michayla

Michayla's Tae Tae Tunes

When I was tasked with my ultimate playlist, I was filled with fear! How on earth was I going to choose because so many songs mean something to me?

Dope
Dope was the first song that was 100% going to feature on my ultimate playlist because it was the first MV I saw and it was the song that made me ARMY. There is so much to this song! It is really catchy and I always sing along, it makes me smile, it makes me laugh and the MV is brilliant. I have so many favourite parts of the MV that I would literally be here all day listing them all. I never get tired of listening to Dope and from the moment Namjoon starts with ‘Welcome, it's your first time with BTS, isn't it?’ I get a feeling of excitement and a huge grin on my face as I automatically start singing Jungkook’s part next.

Euphoria
Euphoria is another song that was always guaranteed a place on my playlist for many reasons. Firstly, Love Yourself Answer was the first album I bought and from the second I heard Euphoria, I was transported into a wonderful place just by listening to Jungkook’s vocals. Since that first time of listening to it, I have been on a journey with Euphoria. I was fortunate enough to be at the O2 on 9th and 10th October 2018 and seeing Jungkook perform it live provoked indescribable emotions in me. I’m brave enough to admit that I cried through it both times, Jungkook’s voice was simply angelic. The next part of my journey was when I found that listening to Euphoria really loudly in my car was a great distraction when I was feeling anxious or any kind of negative emotion. Euphoria has now become my ‘go-to’ song when life is getting a bit too much to handle.

Idol
Idol is a song that wasn’t an obvious choice for me but one that I wanted to include because it was the first song that I was ARMY for when it was released and I will always remember the hype of the MV being dropped. What propelled Idol to be included in my list was the live performance at the O2, I was spell bound by the costumes and choreography after managing to pull myself together. Idol is explosive, fun and I’m still trying to learn the dance! As my Daughter and I left the O2 on both nights we played Idol and danced our way home in the car so it has become our car song.

So What
This has to be one of my absolute favourite party songs and never fails to boost my mood. It is my 40th birthday this year and this was the first song on my party playlist. It was during BTS’s performance of So What in October that I realised how ‘alive’ I felt. This was an amazing feeling after being caught up in the arms of bereavement since June 2017. The feeling also, of partying ‘with’ BTS was such a personal thing and not one I have ever experienced with an artist before. The intro is such a great build up so when the beat kicks in, it’s party time from there onwards! The vocals mixed with the rapping, plus the change in beat during the chorus, evokes so much fun and positivity, you just can’t keep still while listening to So What!

Baepsae
Baepsae / Silver Spoon is possibly a strange one to add to the list simply because of my reasons for having it on there. This is an incredibly popular song amongst the ARMYs in my life and you will often hear someone say out loud ‘They call me… baepsae’ and then we all join in. It’s a definite feel good song and it is such a shame there’s isn’t an official MV, however, most ARMYs would have seen the dance practice which is great! Baepsae, is fun, I love singing to it, the dance practice video makes me laugh and it is incredibly catchy. My Sister, Daughter and Nieces are often found jumping around to Baepsae and singing Jungkook’s ‘You must be kidding me, you, you must be kidding me’.

Outro: Tear
Outro: Tear is my song of the moment, right now. The live performance of Tear was phenomenal and without a doubt one of my favourite moments of the concerts in October. The way Tear starts is slightly misleading as it has a gentle beginning which leads to Namjoon rapping and a beat that gets me moving and is a force throughout the whole song. Hobi’s voice hits me right in the chest, the feelings he gives me just by his tone alone, I am yet to put into words. Tear is another fantastic feel good song that has a great beat and I love to sing along to it, nodding my head in time with the music. Tear is a work of art and seeing it performed live catapulted it into one of my absolute favourite songs. I would also say that Tear is quite possibly my favourite rap line song with Namjoon, Hobi and Yoongi excelling themselves!

I Like It pt.2
Line pt.2 / I like it pt.2 may be another strange one to have on an ultimate playlist and there were so many others that missed out because I couldn’t find a good enough reason to justify them being there. The very first time I heard this song was when I stumbled upon the dance practice video and I personally felt it had a ‘Motown’ feel to it. It was gentle, calming and so smooth. Once again, the beat is toe tappingly good and Jungkook’s vocals are heavenly. This is another song without an MV but the dance practice video is worth watching particularly for the ‘phone box’ scene. Namjoon opens the door (the door is Taehyung) and Jimin is the phone with the others acting as the house. This is one of my bedtime playlist songs because I love nothing more than laying in bed, eyes closed, listening to this song.

Singularity
Singularity is a very personal choice for me because Taehyung has had me under his spell since I became ARMY and seeing him perform this live, I struggle to find the words for. This is also one of my ‘go-to’ songs for many reasons and is one of my top songs to distract me from life in general. Taehyung’s vocals are so smooth and calming but have a huge impact when I listen to them. The MV is mesmirising and embedded into the whole Bangtan Universe theory so there’s a lot to it! I could quite happily watch the MV on loop and when I’m driving, Singularity is always one of the first songs I play. As soon as it starts, I am taken away from whatever is going on in my world at that moment to a place of deep calm and tranquillity. This is another song on my bedtime playlist because there is nothing better than drifting off to sleep with Singularity playing.

Tune in to Michayla's Taerrific Spotify playlist at the following link: Michayla's Tae Tae Tunes

Comments

Popular Posts