7: Comeback Diaries - Michayla Rap Phase 3


Phase 3

by

Michayla Rap

The week’s are really rolling by quite fast now and I am really enjoying these phases and the way Big Hit has set out this comeback.

However, I was dreading this phase in a good way. I suspected a dark theme somewhere along the way and perhaps something fun but these ideas were based on the releases of Shadow and Ego.

10th February - Concept #1 - wow! The notification came in from Twitter, that the first concept photos had been released and with shaking fingers I viewed them.
Two lots of four and what an impact they had. The overall appearance was one of purity due to the white outfits and each picture gave me different feels. The white feathers made me think of angels and serenity, white swans and doves. Each outfit is individual and I have no doubt that at some point the meaning of this light, peaceful, reflective concept will become clear.

11th February - Concept #2 - wow, wow! My fingers were shaking after seeing these pictures which were a complete contrast to concept #1.



These ones floored me because for about 20 years I have had an interest in dark angels and a few of my other interests came into play too. I was so excited to see and this concept was catapulted into top spot.

There is something incredibly fascinating about the darkness and the themes that come from that. There are so many interpretations that come into play… is this a good vs evil with the first two concepts?

With the release of ‘Black Swan’ and Taehyung’s black feathered outfit for ‘Singularity’ in the performance at ‘Speak Yourself: The Final’ we have been shown black feathers a lot. The presence of water provides us with reflections once again and I always think of ‘Singularity’ and Namjoon’s solo from Wings… coincidence? Probably not, knowing BigHit.

12th February - Concept #3 - gosh! I really wasn’t sure what to expect after the first two concepts.



This one was a surprise, obviously themed around ‘Dionysis’ and the very familiar setting at the banquet table that we have all become accustomed to now. The group picture is exquisite and my first thought was ‘modern Rome’. This concept is powerful but in a regal sense, with the suits providing a modern but intimidating presence.

This is a concept where there is so much going on and the more I look, the more I see. I love the candles and the overall darkness of these pictures really appeals to me.

13th February - Concept #4 - unexpected! Now, this is the concept that surprised me but fit in with the ‘fun’ theme I had considered after seeing ‘EGO’.



These pictures are lighthearted and scream ‘fun’. The group picture looks like a postcard and with the doodles, looks like it would fit in to one of the Season’s Greetings or Summer Package dvd sets. I get a ‘Grease’ film vibe because of the leather jackets which I doubt is what BigHit intended but it was my thought nonetheless.

The first thing that came to mind was ‘Boy In Luv 2020’ with the overall school boy feel. There is an innocence in this concept but a different kind of innocence compared to the first concept. Yoongi is the one who encapsulates this for me as he looks completely adorable and so happy in his individual photo, the cap finishing his outfit off nicely.

17th February - Tracklist - WOW! I was so excited to see what the track list for ‘7’ will be and at 14:57 GMT (on 16th) I had my phone in my hand, waiting for the three longest minutes ever to go by.
Maybe everyone has a system of how they take a look at track lists for the first time but I tend to skim read through all the songs straight away then go back and read them slowly, one by one. I noticed that ‘Moon’ and ‘We are Bulletproof: The Eternal’ were the two that jumped out at me straight away. I always pay attention to my gut instinct, therefore I am so very excited to see what it was trying to tell me when I get to hear the tracks on the 21st.

I also noticed that ‘HOME’ and ‘Mikrokosmos’ were missing from the Persona tracks so perhaps that has significance and I’m sure we will find out what that significance is at some point.

Phase 3 has concluded in the most emphatic way and we are now primed for the release of ‘7’. I’m not even sure that the word ‘excited’ covers this comeback anymore. These phases have certainly produced a buzz amongst ARMY and even though I have been aware of what was coming and when, I was most definitely not prepared.

Comments

Popular Posts