An Interview with BTS Radio UK - Eve & Cheryl


I often find myself wondering who is behind the Fanbases and professional accounts in the UK that support BTS; they seem to be awake and very active 24/7! I’m very lucky that I get to speak to a couple of the people behind these accounts on a daily basis but for the amount of work I know it takes to run an account, I also know it takes a few more than I’ve met.


Since we were all put in lock down the BTS Radio UK team have had a little bit more time on their hands and they decided to spend some of it giving each other interviews just for you.


Get ready to meet the BTS Radio UK team!


Interview 4: Cheryl (Playlists & Research) Interviews Eve (Social Media Director)


C: How long have you been part of the BTS Radio UK team?


E: I've been part of BTS Radio UK since June 2018


C: When did you become an Army?


E: March 2018, I remember coming home from my son's football training and sitting down with my daughter to watch something on Clubland TV and there was a clip of 7 men singing Danger – we were both fascinated by the melody and the precision of the dancing. So went onto YouTube to find out more – yes these 7 men were BTS!


C: Do you have a favourite Go-To song?


E: Currently it’s ON, it's my empowerment song when I'm heading to work, but before ON it was Serendipity – I just loved Jimin's voice and how it was put together.


C: Do you have a favourite era?


E: It would have to be Wings, although it was before my time I just loved the build up and the anticipation of what would come.


C: Favourite Food?


E: That would be Italian – I love all Italian food; Spaghetti Bolognese, Lasagne.  It must be in my blood as my grandparents are Italian and I love visiting Italy.  My favourite vacation would be Venice.


C: Have you found a new hobby during the Pandemic?


E: I have bought a stylus and have some art apps. I enjoy creating landscapes and find it very relaxing. We have also raised some Aqua Dragons – They arrive in a dry egg which dissolves in water. We started with 5 and now have over 100 – they are also known as sea monkeys.


C: Do you have any other pets?


E: We have inherited a lovely white fluffy cat called Harry.


C: Do you have a favourite BTS memory?


E: That would be spending time with my daughter bonding whilst watching BTS on YouTube. We then discovered VLive and my daughter found a way to watch the videos in order from their earliest – we enjoyed disappearing down the BTS rabbit hole.



Now lets find out about Cheryl …


E: How long have you been a fan of BTS?


C: Since the summer of 2017. It was all my daughter's fault. She kept asking me to look at something and it was a BTS dance practice. I was hooked on the precision and the passion.


E: What do you think is the best thing about being part of the BTS ARMY?


C: The feeling you are included in something bigger than yourself and making new friends.


E: Do you have a favourite song/album/era?


C: I would have loved to be around during the Wings era. The way the intros and mini movies all connected was incredible and I don't think they have repeated that kind of comeback detail since. Favourite MV is Blood, Sweat, and Tears, it was beautiful on its own but looking into the meanings behind the video was amazing the detail and depth of meaning.


E: What is your day job?


C: Currently I don't have a day job. I worked for the local theatre that had to close because of the pandemic, initially I was furloughed but as lock down continued I was made redundant.


E: How have you been surviving lock down?

C: I have two older children so I have been spending a lot of time with them. I've also been diamond painting. It's really calming and focuses your mind, but it takes ages.


E: What is one piece of advice you would like to share with your teenage self?


C: Other than look out for BTS in 2013 - Be brave and not be afraid of change.


Comments

Popular Posts