My Universe: We are all one by Lisa


My Universe: We Are All One

by

Lisa

Where to start with this one… I think this collab had been wanted for so long, when it actually dropped it felt surreal! To be honest, I am not listening to Coldplay a whole lot, but of course I knew they were big and beloved. And I must say now I am on the side of 'these guys are amazing, I should listen to them more'. Especially seeing how much heart Chris Martin poured into this Collab and how much love he has for BTS, how much preparation he made. Many people should follow his example.

But back to the song; in short: It is an over 3 minute long warm hug.

As a person with a lot of anxiety that means a whole lot. It's a short escape from all worries and bleakness surrounding me. Ending on a hopeful note, telling me it will be ok and I can do this. There are not a lot of songs that can do that, so these finds will always be precious to me.

They speak about a love not being stopped by artificial lines others try to draw. And that is a message we need right now. We love no matter our origin. Music can connect us, no matter what language we speak.


The MV only highlighted that message. Sadly I not only missed the live drop and extra scenes, but also couldn't look at Audouy's descriptions....
But what I took from this blockbuster: People will find a way to connect, no matter the obstacles. The video highlights this beautifully, with Coldplay, BTS, and fictional band Supernova7 being on different planets, singing the same song, with DJ L'afrique acting as the connecting force.


I read that production designer Audouy made the silencers subconsciously shaped like the Covid Virus. It made a lot of sense to me.

Along with that, the Storyline I saw reminded me of harsher lockdown times, when artists struggled a lot.

Restrictions and lack of aid not only cancelled concerts and other shows, it made earning a living for many artists quite hard. Ironic, to say the least, given that it was artists’ works that keep us all going. But they found ways to keep on going, through remote shows, live streams, online tipping... not only out of necessity, but out of love for their craft and fans, connecting everyone one way or another, spreading love, providing an escape.

The video did just that. In a universe, were music was forbidden, people from different worlds came together to spread love and music to everyone; providing an escape from the harsh world together. Showing that in the end, "we are all one in the universe" and music will connect us, no matter where we are from or what language we speak.

Comments

Popular Posts