Interview with Jenny from SophisticatedChaosGB



It's been a while! Welcoming you to a new era of Showcase Sunday. Our series has always been about talking to, and showcasing amazingly talented ARMY.

In this series we're bringing you creative ARMY who make stationary, gifts, and cards. You will find all their creations for sale in their shops, you'll find the links at the end of the interview.

Thanks to all the creators who took the time to sit and chat with us! - Marsha


Hello ðŸ‘‹

Thank you for taking the time to sit down with us and tell us about your amazing creations!

First of all, tell us a little bit about yourself 

Hello BTS Radio UK. 

Thanks for having me, my name is Jenny, I'm a 24 year old Baker, Artist and Graphic Designer from the UK, I have a small business called SophisticatedChaosGB where I sell Hand Decorated Notebooks that are themed around Kpop groups, the main one being BTS, I've also recently started applying my Digital Artwork to my Instagram page that I may add to my Etsy as Prints.

When did you first see or hear BTS?

I first heard about BTS through my followers on a previous Instagram account I had where I created Fandom Themed Cupcakes, one of my followers wanted me to create some cupcakes around BTS, I'd already loved Kdramas and the Kpop music in them, so I was happy to oblige. I went out to get the ingredients and as I did so I went in a charity shop to look around and found a BTS t-shirt with J-Hope on the back. I kinda thought it was fate so I bought it, watched their music videos and funny Run episodes while making the cupcakes and soon enough I fell in love with them and the Kpop Genre.

Clearly they had a creative impact on you!

BTS has been a BIG influence on my life, I've been through some tough times in my past including developing Tinnitus, but they were there exactly when I needed them. Even when I couldn't listen to their music due to it, I could still watch run episodes on quiet volume or with subtitles; and just seeing how happy they were, laughing and joking around made the recovery so much easier. When the tinnitus faded a bit after a year or so, hearing Serendipity once again on my headphones brought a tear to my eye, and gave me my confidence and creative spark back.

Can you tell us what gave you the inspiration to create your first piece of BTS inspired stationary?

My first BTS notebook was made when I noticed there weren't really many BTS themed Notebooks online for fans. I thought "Hey, why not just make some myself"; so I made an Etsy account and started to upload them. My first being Jimin (my bias) which was made on a smaller notebook than I usually use these days. They are so much fun to make and it lets me express my love for BTS and stationary combined, they are always updating when sold and so fun to make new designs.

Is this your sole job or is this on the side of a job/studies?

As of the time of this Interview I am recently unemployed so I have been using this and commission work to get me a little extra money while I find a new one. They are definitely something I would love to expand on if I do well enough online, but I think for now I will have to have a job as well as making them as I'm not selling enough to make it my sole income; and my brain loves being occupied with something to do at all times haha!

Can you talk us through your design process, how do you make an idea or doodle a real, tangible item?

Well I start with the image of the Kpop member I'm going to base the design around and choose corresponding colours of paper and ribbon to work with it on the notebook. I think I have every shade of ribbon by now that it makes it quite easy to find the right one. I then place the base card and colour paper on top to keep the strength of the cover, and decorate with the supplies I've chosen and the initials of the member.

How long does a design take to make from conception to final product?

The creating process on the whole takes around an half an hour or longer for each design, as I'm very picky at times with what I use and the placements or just because I'm getting distracted with the Kdrama I'm watching hah!

What’s your favourite thing about creating?

My favourite thing about creating…

To be honest I love everything about creating, how it makes me feel, it gets rid of my anxieties in the day, the idea of bringing something into the world that's unique and different every time and knowing it's going to people who love Kpop as much as I do; makes it all worthwhile.

Do you have any favourite pieces you would like to share with us?

These are some of my favourite pieces I've made, they are actually recent ones I've made, as my favourite seems to change whenever I make a new one.

What’s your most memorable ARMY moment?

My favourite ARMY moment has to be when I got my first album Persona. Being someone who had not owned any CD's since I was younger made having this really special, I felt like a kid again. When it came out I got a bus and went straight to HMV, and buying it the moment the shop opened, holding it in my hands getting all the extras (that was a completely new experience for me) I was so happy!

And from then on I decided I would get every album I could of the Kpop Artists I loved and admired, so I created a shelf on my bookcase for those special objects that I hold dear; so they can continue to inspire me whenever I see them.

Thank you so much for talking with us, your designs are lovely and it’s been really great getting to know you and your creations!

Before we go, one more question …

What are your social handles and do you have a website or Carrd that ARMY can go to if they want to browse your items for sale?

Thankyou for listening, it's been really fun answering these questions, my Socials are:

Instagram (for my Notebooks and Art): @sophisticatedchaosgb

If you wanted to see the cupcakes I made they are on my Instagram @fandomcupcakesx

Etsy (for my Notebooks): SophisticatedChaosGB







If you are a creative ARMY who would like to showcase your talents, or if you know of someone who would why not let us know?

You can dm us on all our socials:

Twitter: @BTSRadioUK

Instagram: @btsradiouk

Facebook: BTSRadioUK

Or you can also contact us via email: shinara.btsradiouk@gmail.com | btsradiouk@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts