Interview with Ruth from _xoxodesigns_

It's been a while! Welcoming you to a new era of Showcase Sunday. Our series has always been about talking to, and showcasing amazingly talented ARMY.

In this series we're bringing you creative ARMY who make stationary, gifts, and cards. You will find all their creations for sale in their shops, you'll find the links at the end of the interview.

Thanks to all the creators who took the time to sit and chat with us! - Marsha


Hello ðŸ‘‹

Thank you for taking the time to sit down with us and tell us about your amazing creations!

When did you first see or hear BTS?

I first saw BTS on YouTube back in 2018 (DNA at the AMAs) but it wasn’t until late 2019 that I got fully into them and then preceded to watch every YouTube video on BTS!

What impact has BTS had on your life since discovering them?

They’ve taught me it’s okay to be who I am and to always work on loving myself and focus on being the happiest I can be.

Clearly they had a creative impact on you! Can you tell us what gave you the inspiration to create your first piece of BTS inspired stationary?

Their lyrics are always my inspiration. I don’t look them up but I’ll just suddenly hear lyrics I’ve listened to countless times and think this relates to something I am going through at the current time.



Is this your sole job or is this on the side of a job/studies?

I am full time self-employed. I started my business in 2013 when I was working full time in retail and then slowly over the years I lowered my hours at my day job until in early 2019 I went full time self-employed.

Can you talk us through your design process, how do you make an idea or doodle a real, tangible item?

I can never plan to be inspired and start designing, it comes whenever, I guess that's inspiration for you! I usually have an idea in my head I want to explore, then I doodle on my iPad and spend a long time playing with colours to find the right ones then it’s all about pulling everything together. The quote, the message, the colour and the pattern!

How long does a design take to make from conception to final product?

It can differ; sometimes it can be immediate, other times it can be something that I’ve started but never managed to make it work and I will come back to it months later and it just works! 

What’s your favourite thing about creating?

So many parts! Being inspired and then excited about what I’m designing is such a great feeling. Once the finished product is here it is so exciting seeing it come to life and then watching people buy the product!

Do you have any favourite pieces you would like to share with us?

My business is about celebrating the wins in life and to bring smiles to people faces so I love my cards that focus on these. These are my faves!








What’s your most memorable ARMY moment?

Going to the BTS night in September. It was so lovely seeing so many other BTS fans, I don’t know many personally myself, so it was so good seeing everyone singing along!

Thank you so much for talking with us, your designs are lovely and it’s been really great getting to know you and your creations!

Before we go… what are your social handles and do you have a website or Carrd that ARMY can go to if they want to browse your items for sale?

Instagram - @_xoxodesigns_ 

Twitter - @_xoxodesigns_

TikTok - @_xoxodesigns_

Website - www.xoxodesignsbyruth.com

Etsy - www.xoxodesignsbyruth.etsy.com

Pinterest - @xoxodesigns_


If you are a creative ARMY who would like to showcase your talents, or if you know of someone who would why not let us know?

You can dm us on all our socials:

Twitter: @BTSRadioUK

Instagram: @btsradiouk

Facebook: BTSRadioUK

Or you can also contact us via email: shinara.btsradiouk@gmail.com | btsradiouk@gmail.com 




Comments

Popular Posts